So it’s been over two months since our last developer blog and it’s been relatively quiet overall. I have been working on several projects in this time. Firstly, I’ve been working on my RockBunny app, the user base of which is starting to grow among those who know me in EVE Online and I released to some interest on the official forums. I’ve learned some new tricks there on how to keep Delphi happy when working under the Windows 7 environment. I’ve also finally managed to get it to load the GearBunny source and compile it without throwing exception errors left and right, so I’ve been dissecting that code into modular chunks in preparation for something new.
Over the last two months, I’ve been working with a member of the Dark Age of Camelot community on developing the database backend for an online version of GearBunny. Many of you may remember that I began work on this years ago and that I shelved that project when I put GearBunny into maintenance mode and moved on to other things. While I can’t promise at this moment that GearBunny Online will become a reality soon, it is being seriously considered and some design work has already begun.
We’ve also been working on a few new game projects that are beginning to show a lot of promise. There’s also been some work on our current offerings.
StarFire has gone back to the drawing board, being in need of further thought about it’s storyline. I want to tie it in with a future game I’ve already started to design, but can’t figure out how to make it work with the storyline of that game. I may do what we did in Bubble Pop instead, and put in multiple game modes resembling old arcade games such as Galaxian, Space Invaders, and Missile Command. With twists of course…
Bubble Pop has received many favorable comments and at least one distressed parent having to hide the game from their three year old son who became an instant addict. It has been suggested that we expand on the Puzzle mode and we are looking into potentially making a separate game based upon it. We also have thought about switching it up to a higher graphic resolution, since it was done in 800 by 600 and most of our other games are in 1024 by 768.
We also began working on a Pseudo-3D perspective RPG we’re presently calling ‘Dark Fortress.’ Ever since I played Shining in the Darkness and the Might and Magic series of games back on the Sega Genesis, I have wanted to make at least one of this kind of game. The hardest part of this project is figuring out how to replicate how those games operated while adding things from more modern games. I don’t know how long this one is going to take to make, but I’ll be posting screenshots and putting up a page for it as it comes together. I hope when (and if) this one gets released that people will enjoy the story and game play of it. So far, it’s been very fun to work on it and pull out old notes from other RPG’s I’ve worked on years ago back in the DOS days.
We hope to be able to have more to show over the next month. These last two months have been very productive for us here, but there’s not much to really show on the web site to prove it. I guess you’ll just have to take our word for it. Any comments or suggestions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org